Thursday, May 15, 2008

Hello and Welcome to my new Blog



Hello,

I thought I would try my hand at blogging so I can share my adventures in polymer clay, needle felting and soft plush dogs, bears and other critters with you.


So here we gooooooooooo.!!!!!!!!!


Let me start by telling you a little bit about myself. My name is Sheryl. I live and work in Kansas City Missouri. I live with my two wonderful dogs and one kitty cat. (More about these three fur babies later). My passions are making Artists One of a kind Polymer clay, needle felted and soft plush dogs and bears as well as many other critters. Another one of my hobbies is scrapbooking. I also love to spend time outdoors working in my flower beds and playing with the dogs or just relaxing.

I have started a new adventure with the soft plush bears and dogs. The photo of the bear above is named Butterscotch and is my newest design. She is all hand made by me right down to the pattern so she is one of a kind. In her sitting position she is 10" tall. She is hand sewn from a Golden faux fur with ultra suede brown paw pads and inner ears and eye rims. She has black glass eyes and a hand sculpted black polymer clay nose. Her collar is made from a plaid ribbon of green, yellow, red and orange.

Since I have started this new adventure in bear making I have been hitting the stores and websites buying all kinds of supplies. Well the other day I found out that there is a fabric store very close to where I work and let me tell you my eyes bugged out with joy. So on my lunch hour I took a little trip just to take a look to see what they had. I found the most wonderful faux fur that was just amazing and then there was another fur and still another and so on. Well I am here to tell you that I walked out of there with those furs. So much for just looking. I have been thinking of all kinds of ideas for new bears to make with them that my little head is going into overdrive.

I will be posting more about those new furs and how they will be turning into those wonderful little new designs.


Bye for now.


Please visit my website for more of my art.





"A Dog wags its tail with its Heart" -Martin Buxbaum

No comments: