Thursday, March 24, 2011

Estate Sale Treasures

Well as you all know that I am redoing my Bedroom to Shabby Chic. Well my version of Shabby Chic that is. LOL I have the colors of my room which is Blue with linen white walls.

My mom and I went to a Estate sale last week and found some wonderful treasures for my room that I thought I would share them with you.

Here is what we found! I am so excited. There is some cleaning and re vamping to do but they will be a great addition to the decor.


As you can see from the photo above this is everything we bought and yes I do like old antique vintage things. The older the better and the cheaper the better.


I have had my eyes on a pair of crystal candle holders for quiet sometime now. I lost out on a couple of pairs on ebay, but look what we found and the price you could not beat at a total of $ .50 cents for the pair. We later went to another sale and I found my two blue candles for another $ .50 cents. Total cost for the pair with candles $2.00. A little cleaning to do and this pair will be complete.

This is a wonderful crystal lamp that my Mom had bought first so we just had to go back to this sale which is where the other items came from. I am on a crystal anything binge which in my eyes means old and a little Victorian. With some cleaning and maybe rewiring and a new vintage style lamp shade this lamp will shine in my room. This lamp was only $ .50. I am not sure just how old it is, but it has the look I am going for.

Now I am also on a Fenton Hobnail lamp binge as well. I had one when I was a kid growing up that I broke so I thought I would set out to find one like it. This is not an easy task to do. I did find a single lamp with the base like this one on Ebay for my room. So when we ran across this lamp as well as the lamp in the next photo. I had to have them. I have never seen any hobnail lamps like these. The price well lets just say they were a steal. As far as I know with the research I did they are both original lamps. They need to be cleaned up and maybe new wiring.

I really like the base of this lamp. It is just a bit taller then the other one. Again it is in original condition. Oh and the lights move too. COOL!!!!!!

Now this is my Vanity bench that I also had been looking for. The frame is in great shape and it looks as if the seat had been recovered at one time. I will also clean and recover the seat. A little elbow grease and recovering and this bench will fit right in to my room. Oh and the price was only $2.00.


We did find one more thing and it is a wonderful vintage crystal candy dish, which I have not taken a photo of yet. It also needs to be cleaned up. I am still not sure if I want it in my Bedroom or maybe I will put it in my dinning room.

As you can see I am off to a pretty good start. I had purchased a few other items before these but again I have not taken photos of them yet. You may just have to wait a little longer for the room to be done and all set up with these wonderful treasures.
If anyone knows anything about any of the items above please email me and let me know. If you have any ideas for my new old room let me know that too.
Until next post
Puppy kisses and Bear hugs,
Sheryl

1 comment:

judithw said...

Love your blog, you are very talented.